Sunday, January 12, 2014

You are what you love.

Scripture:
Psalm 11:7 "For the Lord is righteous;he loves righteous deeds;    the upright shall behold his face"

Observation:
This is another Psalm praising the Lord. It talks about the Lord as our refuge, and also His place (temple) in heaven watching over us all. In this particular verse the Psalmist describes the fact that the Lord is both righteous, and that he loves righteous deeds.

Application:
That's the part that I focus on.  You are what you love. My God is righteous. Therefore it stands to reason that He also loves what is good; what is righteous.  We are called to be more Christ-like and to do that we must catch God's heart.  In this verse it is revealed exactly what it's like to catch His heart (or rather, what it looks like) - We must do righteous deeds. It may bring up the age-old argument of faith and works but this verse does make it very simple that God does in fact love good deeds. There may be more, but to show that we are growing in Christ, we must continue to do more and more of the things He (and thus, we) love.

Prayer:
Dear heavenly father,
I pray that you help me catch your heart for your people and for your world.  In everything I do, let it be good and righteous according to your standards. I pray that the holy spirit never depart from my side that I may always have a gentle reminder of who You are that I may do Your things; that I may do righteous things. In your name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment