Monday, January 13, 2014

My Psalms

I can't pick a verse here so I'll just summarize I guess. Chapter 13 is a cry out to the Lord from the author who is clearly in distress. Chapter 14 is a warning showing what the 'the fool says'. And Chapter 15 is the opposite of the previous; it shows what someone who dwells on 'holy hill' looks like.  I think they thing that I've been fascinated the most so far in the Psalms is that they're all so different. I mean, sure they all praise God for who He is, and what He has done.. but they were written in just about every circumstance. That's the heart I want to catch. I want to be able to write about my Love for Him, to sing praises to Him no matter what's happening. I'll obviously be praying for different things because of the differing circumstance, but I want to bring Him glory in the same steadfast manner that He loves me.

Lord I pray for a heart that never stops. I pray for a heart that continually wants to thank you; not necessarily an 'optimistic' mind, but one that can't help but place everything in the scope of who you are that I may always feel loved. I want to sing your praises forever. I want to write my own Psalms.

No comments:

Post a Comment