__________
Scripture:
Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
Observation:
The Psalmist is exalting God for all the He has done. He starts with general praise, then goes on to mention [v8] all the good things God is doing. After this God reminds the people to do as the verse states.
Application:
Just a quick application on this verse. Firstly I think this verse reinforces the idea of the Sabbath; a dedicated time to remember God's great works. This verse appears right after mentioning of the amazing things God is doing and to me, this verse is like "hey, don't forget.. I'm yours". There's so much commotion in life (as represented by these verses) that it's always timely to get that reminder. It's kind of like "relax, I've got this". Further, I like seeing verses like this; verses that often get quoted because I think looking into the context of the often preached verses is something I've neglected. New year, new me hahaha
Prayer:
Thank you Lord for another day, I pray that I will take the time to remember just who You are. I pray that I don't do it light-heartedly but really invest some of my day to truly relax knowing that you are God. Nothing can change that I'm thankful. Thank you, and in Your Name I pray,
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment