Saturday, January 25, 2014

Discipline-able.

- Nazirite phase 2 done. 
- Blacktown shenanigans ensued including Battleship in the food court. Never growing up. 
- Green mango shakes are heaven. 

 ___________ 

 Scripture: Psalm 50:16-18 "But to the wicked God says: “What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you. If you see a thief, you are pleased with him, and you keep company with adulterers." 

 Observation: This is part of a Psalm called God Himself Is Judge which is about God's response to both the wicked and the believers. These verses are the beginning of the part where God addresses the wicked. 

 Application: God starts by speaking to the wicked about the wrong things they have done. He follows up with what makes them sinners, of which he first states that they hate discipline. This is the part that is sticking out to me. I know I'm stubborn.* I'm still working on it. But to see that God specifically relates this as an act of the wicked is painful. It's not something I can really shrug off or justify any more. I need to be open to discipline, open to rebuke, and open to change. I think I'm improving, but there's always something left to be desired. 

 Prayer: Dear heavenly father, please continue to soften me, and break me down wherever necessary. Whenever I am in need of discipline let me be open to it and thank you for putting people in my life who care enough to do so. Thank you. In your name I pray, Amen. 

 *Pretty sure I've SOAPed on that this year and that's a reminder to review my posts for January once the month is over. REMINDER! NTS! #DEARFUTUREANGELO*

No comments:

Post a Comment