Scripture:
Psalm 23:3 "He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness, for his name's sake.
Observation:
Classic Psalm about God being David's shepherd. This metaphor extends for the 6 verses of this chapter.
Application:
Specifically from the second part of the verse I'm reminded why I do what I do. It's all well and good to try to be righteous but if it's not for His name's sake, or to bring glory to His kingdom, then it's not right. We are restored, we are led, we are comforted and looked after all for His name's sake. To be honest, this is challenging. It's a real reminder of why we're here on this earth. Everything we do, it's for Him.
Prayer:
Thank you father for all that you've done, and all that you've yet to do. I pray that You continue to remind me that we are not called to be righteous for no reason, but it is for Your name and Your cause. In Your name I pray,
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment