Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Enemy is Laughable

- Canley Vale almost done.
- Tuesday night Pizza and SOAP night.
- I've got my list, got my list (more on this to come)
- Conversations in cars are becoming my favourite things.

_____________________

"If He's laughing, I defy you to be afraid."

Scripture:
Psalm 59:8
"But you, O Lord, laugh at them; you hold all the nations in derision."

Observation:
This Psalm is David's plea to God to rescue him against the men of Saul that were sent to destroy him. They are referred to as dogs [ESV] that return until they have fulfilled their bloodlust.  In verse 4 David is once again comforted by the might of his king. God LAUGHS at them.

Application:
In sports or fights (, etc.)  the one with the obvious upper-hand is seen laughing at the notion that they can be challenged by their opponent. That's God. David has really emphasised the aggression of David's opponent (likening them to dogs) but in the end... God is still that much greater. No matter the situation, it's on me to remember that God 'treats the godless... like jokes.' [NKJV]. I believe (and try to remember) that God is greater but knowing that God is laughably greater puts it in perspectie. There is nothing I should ever worry about as long as I reside in the ONE who gives me the victory.

Prayer:
Dear heavenly father, thank you for reminding me of your strength and rule over everything. Please continue to show me your desire to use that power for good that I may remember to be an outflow of your love. In your name I pray,
Amen.

"What's a king to my God."
__________________________

Psalm 58:3! Are we born evil?


1 comment:

  1. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE ANGELO!

    But in all seriousness, what is a king to our God? Powerful SOAP G!

    ReplyDelete