Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Breathless

Day 2 of Nazirite Phase II. It was really good. It opened my eyes up to the importance of a clear conscience as it reminded me how much more effective of a servant you can be.  Phrase frenzy in the car park with new friends was pretty cool too.

Can't find the exact movie quote.. yet.. but there was book/movie line where they showed the difference in the two armies and one was made up of free men. Free men fight with more passion and more cause than slaves. We're just like that; if we have chosen to believe in Christ freely of our own volition then we will have a greater impact than a thousand people following blindly and ignorantly. I love people questioning. 

______________________________

Scripture:
Psalm 40:5
"You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told."

Observation: 
David's praising God again.

Application:
I'll make this post quick as I'm actually pretty sleepy... this verse is a reminder of how good God really is. I'm a very talkative person and to think that I can go out and tell of all the good things He has done forever, and still not be completely exhaustive is awesome. "yet they are more than can be told." Awesome. God shows us so much favour, and so much love and grace that I overlook it sometimes failing to grasp how wonderful it really is. No more. God is awesome, wonderful. I wrote jokingly on the Life page that it was a challenge but I really want to take that to heart; at some point I will truly see the bigger picture of what He's done and I won't be able to shut up. I want to go until I'm breathless.

Prayer:
Dear heavenly father,
I pray that you reveal yourself to me more and more that I will never be at a point where I take your presence and faithfulness for granted. Let me know how you love me and let me use that as motivation to spread your word. In your name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment