Wednesday, January 15, 2014

True encouragement.

TOO TIRED TO WRITE FOR LONG.

Scripture:
Psalm 20:1-5 
"May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!  May the name of the God of Jacob protect you! May he send you help from the sanctuary and give you support from Zion! May he remember all your offerings and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices!Selah.May he grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans!May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the Lord fulfill all your petitions!"

Observation:
More words from David regarding His king. He spends the first 5 verses of this chapter speaking life.

Application:
I love to 'encourage' people. At least, I try to encourage people. A lot of the time, all I'm doing is paying people compliments and hoping that they infer that since I've noticed those things about their lives/behaviour that I want them to continue on those ways.  But here David puts me to shame. This is a prayer, this is an encouragement, this is LIFE. He is speaking Life into somebody's situation. He is asking for protection, blessings, everything. I mean, just look at all the exclamation points to see how much he wants this person to be blessed. This is how you build someone up. This is where I need to get to! We encourage people to build up their self-worth, to sharpen them in the ways of Christ, but ultimately this is what we want. We want to 'shout for joy over your [someone's] salvation'. We want to truly encourage people.

Prayer:
Dear heavenly father, I pray that you use my life as a blessing to others. Let me speak life into people that I may show your goodness and love for others with my mouth. My words can bring harm to people, but let them instead build people up for your kingdom. In your name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment