- Missed out on some quality time with a brother because it was SUPPOSED to rain. Didn't even. Sucks.
- I feel like I may have made a couple of friends tonight.. Nicole and Noelle. They're pretty top people.
- Heads up world; I'm all in. God's got my back and I'm ready.
_______________________
Psalm 34:1 "I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Our mouths were MEANT for praise. This is supported by...
Psam 35:28 "Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness and of your praise all the day long." LOVE it.
Psalm 34:3 "Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!" We are not alone in this. Nor are we called to be alone in this.
_______________________
Scripture:
Psalm 35:1 "Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!"
Observation:
This is the first verse from a Psalm of David wherein he talks about how great the Lord has been in his life. The first 9 verses are basically a plea to God to help David against his enemies. He's basically asking God to do battle with him. From David's life we know that God did in fact aide David. God came to fight for His man, and David came out victorious. So will we.
Application:
Just to add some context to why I selected this, God's revelation to me at camp was Jehovah Melech/King*. The thought in my mind was essentially that God is my king, not just in command, but also in battle. He doesn't just sit there telling us what to do, but he's RIGHT HERE with us. He comes to fight for AND with us. It reminds me that God indeed care for His people (me!). When push comes to shove, God steps in; God fights, God contends, God saves. We should really have nothing to fear for when our backs are against the wall we know that if we call upon His name, He hears us and is there with spear and javelin [v3] ready to defend us. He is my battle buddy, and He is enough.
Prayer:
Dear heavenly father, I pray that I really grow to understand what it means to have you in my corner. I thank you for always being be my side fighting my battles with me and I pray that your presence and faithfulness towards me gives me the courage to step out into the things I would otherwise be afraid or why to do. In you, let me have nothing to fear. In Your name I pray,
Amen.
*post camp post still pending.
No comments:
Post a Comment