
The aforementioned Cover to Cover
I suppose that some may argue that I messed my timing up, and consequently am a day late. But just as every dark cloud has a silver lining, the brilliance of leap years shall work in my favour, and come month's end, all shall be in order.
As a segue into my thoughts on this section, I introduce a segment I call Scene Selection [Theme Alert!]. Rather than discussing the entire 'Day', or even performing an in-depth SOAP [with the pending name 'Plot Synopsis'], Scene Selection is where I choose bits that strike me as noteworthy, confusing, or both. So for the inaugural edition, here are 3 scenes;
1) Ezekiel 23:19 - Satan cast out of heaven - "You have become an object of horror and will never exist again."
Interesting, but isn't he 'attacking' us everyday? Does this mean that he is non-existent in the physical sense? Curiouser.
2) Genesis 1:3 & 14 - Seven Days - "Let there be light" & "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night".
The concept of the Seven Days has always incited the science vs. faith argument in my mind and this is the perfect catalyst. We measure days by the sun and the moon, which was created on the fifth day. How did they then determine when the first "day" ended? Also. What was this initial light source created by God on the first day? Curiouser and Curiouser.
3) Genesis 1:27 - Creation of Man - "So God created man in His own image;"
Again this begs a question; is this a remark using the physical definition of 'image'? Many times we picture God as a humanoid type of being due to phrases such as this, but is this the true intention of The Word? I guess that's to be explored.
And thus concludes the first Scene Selection. Note, this will likely become a staple around here.
***
I have yet to give this section a permanent name. I am tossing up between Director's Commentary, for thematic purposes, and Debris, as I feel this word clearly defines what it is this section will be - quick and miscellaneous pieces of information that were tossed around, and left behind by the tornado that is my thought process. Not letting indecision become procrastination here it [whichever I end up using] is.
- [Cousin] Michael Gabriel's Birthday! Twenty-One! Selfishly it's serving reminder that the countdown to my own 21st is already underway. Also, I understand he had a birthday celebration tonight that I did not attend [SUBTEXT, haha]. Maturity shall overcome esteem.
- Many reminders today of friends that I so dearly miss. Today's notable person(s) include Kay, El, Richard and Tom. Yet another sign that time management and I haven't been quite close lately. An excess of two months have passed and I feel like I have accomplished so little, with even less to show for it.
- I made what I believe to be my best pun ever on twitter today; https://twitter.com/#!/angelomodelo/status/164952156594642944; but sadly, nobody got it without an explanation.
- This site is really starting to take place. I have some segments locked in, with some [I believe to be] good ideas. I have "Of the Day" or "Bonus Scenes" for peculiar things that catch my eye, "Playback" or "Instant Replay" for more detailed descriptions of specific events or situations, and the "Epilogue" or "Deleted Scenes" for any final words and/or notes/reminders to myself. Hopefully more ideas to come!
***
Deleted Scenes / Epilogue - Immediately following the last point of Debris/Director's commentary, I remembered a reminder [is that irony?] for myself.
- Resolutions, possibly in the form of Playback or Instant Replay.
- Also, this may carry a timestamp of February the 3rd, but it is in fact my post for the 2nd.
No comments:
Post a Comment