1) Job 7:11 - Relatable - "Therefore I will not restrain my mouth. I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul"
One of the things that I will be continuously looking out for people or situations in the bible to which I can relate. I have found that in this verse. It speaks of Job and his willingness to complain. I myself can be a huge complainer, so for this reason, I begin to relate to Job much more closely. He appears to be more and more of a 'real' person.
2) Job 8:18 - Bildad - "If he is uprooted from his place, it will deny knowing him, saying, "I never saw you.""
... Not sure what this verse really means. It's section is titled Hypocrites will be destroyed. So from that I gather that whenever God is removed from a situation or a person's life, he likens it to a plant being completely uprooted. The tone suggests resentment.
3) Job 9:14 - Lost argument - "How then can I answer Him or choose my arguments against Him?"
The quick answer is that you don't. Being omnipotent means God knows it all. There is no point trying to argue with him, when he knows it all. Also, the idea of making excuses does not blend with the concept of standing firm and strong.
4) Job9:21 - Round 2 - "I no longer care about myself; I renounce my life"
Here comes the second vague reference to Euthanasia / Suicide. He is in so much pain, that he wants to end it. Still confused.
5) Job 11:7 - Limitless - "Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty?"
This is from another speech given to Job by one of his 'comforters'. I don't know what that means, but we are exposed to the concept of a 'bottomless' God; one who's glory we cannot even imagine. Zophar is also trying to help Job, but he approaches it by pointing out God's perfection. This speech implies that without repentance, blessings will not be given.
6) Job 12:3 - Just like me - "But I also have a mind; I am not inferior to you."
There's this partially egotistic tone coming from Job. I know I can often be a very proud and often vain person. It is a character flaw that I'm working on. Again, it is nice seeing a character that I can relate to for one reason or another.
* * *
Director's Commentary:
- Miguel just left. Spoke for a bit, then prayed. I really do have faith that he will get better. Him AND his whole family.
- Had Youth earlier tonight; First night of cell groups. The group I'm in is particularly fun.
- Also, a new blog title has been chosen. Hopefully this site can be designed in a more aesthetically pleasing manner. Also, it is latin, for Between the Ears - Like my head.
- Did some house chores today (China cabinet magnetic strips).
* * *
Bonus Footage
A$AP Rocky - Purple Swag : BlackHippy>A$APMob>OFWGKTA>YMCMB
* * *
Deleted Scenes
- Ate Gen and Raj both asked for the link to my blog. So heads up future-Angelo, this blog may become public soon enough.
- Editorial Idea (as in, RESEARCH this) - Theology and the comparisons of different sins.
- I need new glasses, AND my P's.
- Possible section: Script - Short stories, like that one I've still yet to write for LeLoveImage.
No comments:
Post a Comment