Saturday, February 4, 2012

Playing Catch-Up [Day 4]

Let's begin with some Scene Selection:

1) Genesis 6:3 - Corrupt Civilization - "And the Lord said, "My Spirit will not remain with mankind forever, because they are corrupt. Their days will be 120 years"
Does this imply a physical death after a maximum of 120 years? And another thing, is this specific to the people of the old testament? Before Jesus broke the old ways?

2) Genesis 6:4 - Sons, not daughters - "sons of God came to the daughters of man"
This is just one of those, if I write it down, I might remember it more clearly... I want to know if they are ever called the daughters of God, not just of man. If not, is this a comment on the sexism of the past? Or of God's will. I'm leaning to the former.

3) Genesis 6:14 - God's Ark - "of Gofer Wood"
This part of the story seems inconceivably detailed. Another way that the writers are trying to make unexplainable, explainable?

4) Genesis 7:9 - Entering the Ark - "just as God had commanded him"
Where are all the arguments trying to convince the towns people? Or any of the struggles with his family? Does this come in later recounts of Noah? Or was it just something inferred by pastors and story-tellers?

5) Genesis 5:20 - The animals - "clean animals"
This phrase comes up quite often, and I don't know what it means. What animals are 'clean'?

6) Genesis 5:21 - Watching the wording - "I will never again strike down EVERY LIVING thing as I have done."
I know that as I in the past have done, question how God kills people in floods when he promised (using the rainbow) that he wouldn't. Well he said EVERY LIVING thing, so as long as people remain alive after floods, we know his covenant is still binding. Though, the question remains, is this pure fact? Or as my dad JUST implied that his views were, symbolic?

7) Genesis 9:6 - His image - "Whoever sheds man's blood, his blood will be shed by man, for God made man in His image."
As I typed my question of this verse, I think the message hit me. His blood will be shed by man, because that is justice. It's what needs to be happen. And our God is a just God. This also lays the groundwork for why Jesus sacrifice on the cross needed to happen.

* * *
Now, Director's Commentary (Trying to commit)
  • Just got back from Kuya Michael's birthday. I was asked to make slides, but they didn't turn out too well. Hopefully I finish it eventually.
  • Happy Birthday Jeremiah!
  • Mom's a fundamentalist when it comes to Christianity. I would really like to discuss some things with her.
  • To that last point, I need to commit to going to FCF sometime soon. One foot in the door, isn't working.
  • Speaking of committing, and after speaking to Kay, I REALLY need to get my P's. NOW.
* * *
Finally, the inaugural Bonus Footage:

Too cute for her own good. "That is a cheetah.. a cheetah.. a cheetah" WARMS MY HEART.

No comments:

Post a Comment