Monday, July 15, 2013

One Month To Live - Day 5 (United Front)

This chapter could have just been called 'take proper care of yourself'.

"You want the people you love to know just how much they mean to you.  You want to be a healing agent in the lives you touch, leaving behind a legacy with eternal impact."  Pretty sure this book wants me to start sending out encouragement texts again.  Yep.  Challenge accepted.

"You cannot teach someone else that which you haven't learned."  I fully accept this phrase.  Phrases like this stop the ignorance that people spit that can leave a bad view on Christianity.  I don't ever want to be 'that guy'. Lesson here? Learn more.  Be open to it.  Heck Angelo, you already love telling people what to do, you might as well be right haha.

"whenever you worship the temple, your body-something that's guaranteed to change-you'll feel insecure."  I like this perspective of the body is a temple discussion.  Food for thought.

"Feel what you feel, but then do what God wants you to do."  Reinforcement that God's plans are beyond what we can see or fathom.  The downs of this world will get to you, but you've got to focus.

Super challenging quote of the chapter! "We were not meant to be self-sufficient and independent so that we can isolate ourselves and avoid other people".  Well at least, the first half.  I love the concept of independence.  I always have.  I've glossed over it already but yeah, essentially I CAN'T DO IT ALONE.  That really should be tattooed on my hand now. Maybe then I'll remember it.

"Breathing first is not selfish. It's essential."

I've always been a fat kid. Never been a shame really.  I have made a conscious effort to lose weight this year, it's worked.  Still a way to go, but progress is good.  Now is the perfect time for this too! I have so much free time that I can devote a lot of it to this part of my life.  God gives opportunities. Love Him.

Powerful emotions? I live a pretty calm life.  While I am prone to (at least more recently) getting angry quickly, I am a stranger to powerful emotions like depression.  The last time I tried handling things the best I could.  It was a bit of a mix of both boiling and simmering.  It stayed with me for ages, and would bubble whenever I spoke to people about it.  In hindsight, it was a pride thing.  I eventually took the high road, should've just done so earlier. Would've alleviated quite a bit of stress.

Spiritual: 6.  I need to devote more time to spend with Him. I've improved a lot, I feel, but the challenge of constant conversation showed me my lacking. GOAL! Wake up praying.

Physical: 6. I'm getting a lot fitter. I'm still overweight, but I jog almost every day (barring illness and possibly rain) with my dog, and play basketball twice a week or so. Not sure of the specific goal for this area.

Emotional: 8.  I FEEL I'm very stable.  I also feel like I could be lying to myself.  So this number is up for debate. How does one even create a goal for this?!

Relational: 7.  I get lazy with this.  My FCF family has been the beneficiary of my attention lately, but I'm turning into one of those guys that just isn't always around for his friends.  Plus, I get into a few too many arguments with my mom and dad because I'm a devastating mixture of opinionated and prideful. Gross. GOAL! Bite my tongue around the house.  Yep yep yep.


1 comment:

  1. This book doesn't want you to send out those texts. YOU DO! You got a heart of gold, gangster. HAHA, that's twice.

    I'm glad you took the high road with 'that' situation. How are things now?

    ReplyDelete