Let me open by saying that this chapter feels like an awesome guide. Right now, I feel like I'm being a lazy bum, spending so much of my day in bed. But I really appreciate the things this chapter is reminding me of, and I think this will really help me when I get a job and things start picking up and get chaotic. These are some amazing principles that I hope I can remember to apply appropriately.
Most of my day is consumed with a combination of sleep and the internet; my two worst habits. I have been better lately in using time effectively to exercise, or read, clean, help out the parents, but my poor time management continues to be an issue in my life. Being 'efficient' and finding what I do best at work/anywhere really is one of those important principles. Love it.
I'm still a little confused by the whole 80/20 principle. I do understand and agree that a small portion of our day is truly productive. As mentioned, my 'wasted time' would be the amount of time I spend on TV shows and on the internet; particularly re-runs. I guess if I paid more attention the first time, re-runs wouldn't be as frequent, and if I didn't actively look for things to procrastinate with, then maybe I'd waste less time. While there are certain things that I really want to do in life, a lack of employment (thus finances) really hinders what I can/can't do with my time. Sitting and home and doing nothing is free so sometimes it feels like when I'm not helping my family/reading/doing something productive, then this isn't the worst option. Again, when I get a job, and life gets chaotic, then I'll really be tested. Hopefully the first thing to go will be the 'wasted' time rather than my runs with Vato, or reading books like this. Hopefully.
I'll try to log my hours on Monday.
The internet/TV. It's well documented, but I think I'd say that it entertains me and I like to think it isn't the worst vice I could have.
Shortlist? - SOAP more often, read fiction more often.
This time in my life feels like the moment right before spring. You can tell things are about to sprout, and that so much is going to happen so fast, and all I can do now is wait. Sometimes I enjoy the season I'm in as I'm finally in a place where I can relax for a bit. Ultimately, I know that this extended time can be a problem. I really should work to prepare myself for the upcoming Spring. You know, be prepared for everything. This book feels like a right step.
No comments:
Post a Comment