So a few weeks ago now (yes I've put this off for awhile), I went to the United States. Calling the trip 'brief' would be a gross understatement. Though I was only on American soil for approximately 64 hours, I felt I made the most of it. Without further ado, here is my top 5 from one of the best (long) weekends of my young life.
#) Honourable mentions; the exchange rate, shopping, Jolibee, Tito Sal & Tita Ruthie
#) Honourable mentions; the exchange rate, shopping, Jolibee, Tito Sal & Tita Ruthie
5) Mommy Enice's Birthday Lunch / Extended family
The Cool-kids table.

Some (but not all) of the older generation.
At number five would have to be the fact that I got an opportunity to see my extended family. Not all of them, but a good handful. It was the day after the wedding, which coincidentally was Mommy Enice's birthday. After having birthday breakfast, we packed all of our things and headed towards Ate Alnice's 'hood. I recall somebody mentioning that what happened next was a tradition, but in any case, we had lunch with cousin-Kam's side of the family, along with the Houston relatives. We went to a Yum Cha restaurant but had food delivered to the table, rather than from little carts. Let me digress for a second to say that there were boxes of leftovers from every single table. There was a LOT of food. A lot.
Anyway, I think it was just a really nice afternoon. I had the chance to spend time with my distant cousins, as well as all the uncles and aunties that I hadn't seen in years. And to top that off, I was able to spend my Aunty's birthday with her! (something that I unfortunately didn't get with Kuya Doods). So to sum that all up. Good food, good people, good day.
4) The flight back home

Homework in the Business Centre in the clouds
I'll the first to admit that I'm really spoilt in some ways. Take flying for example. Due to my mom's job at Qantas, I frequently get cheaper travel. Better yet, I get upgradable travel. So I'm usually in business class. The flight to the US was relatively full, so I was upgraded to premium economy. It was nice, but given the insane weekend ahead of me, I would've preferred that I not start off with a sore body.In contrast, I had the wonderful fortune of having business class accommodation on the way back to Sydney. In some ways I really needed it. My flight had an ETA of 6:15 and I had class starting at 10. And when my
3) The Long nights.

2) Office board game

1) The Wedding
No comments:
Post a Comment